For the identification of insects and other fauna and flora of South Africa.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Some days are better than others - Enicospilus sp - Ichneumonidae

Usually the only light on by me at night comes from my computer screen and what insects are around, tend to head straight for it. The other morning, (3am) this one dropped by. It is an Ichneumon Wasp and is about half an inch in length. I dashed off to get something to catch him in as it was still too dark to take a photograph but he had disappeared.
"Oh Well" I shrugged and concentrated on what I was doing on the computer. I reached for my coffee and took a sip then spat it out QUICKLY!! YUCK!! What was that?? It is the poor ichneumon who had gone for a swim in it and drowned. Now dont laugh!! It was not funny. LOL!! LOL!! I know they are full of vitimins, but I prefer to have my meals seperately. :) An ugly fellow isn't he?
Earlier on I was sitting outside having a Coke and watching the sunset. It is my favorite time of day. The colors were soft, from a light orange, peach, to pink. The moon was close at hand and I decided to see if I could get a decent enough picture of it.......

No comments: