For the identification of insects and other fauna and flora of South Africa.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Young zebra

I have two clear winners here and thay are NOT Craig and Tom naturally!! I wonder why the two of them still insist that they are this brilliant scientific team?? :)
Congats to Dale and Becky for the correct answers!! You are both brilliant!!
Thanks for playing everyone. :)

While riding around in Pilansbery Game Reserve, I came across this young zebra who was only a few weeks old.
He kept on hiding bedind the branches of the tree. I wonder if he thought I could not see him.
Zebra defend themselves by biting and kicking their opponent.
When moving, they are usually seen walking one behind the other, although this applies only to areas where they are found in small herds.

No comments: