For the identification of insects and other fauna and flora of South Africa.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Hartebeesport Dam - Part 1

I decided to head out towards the dam but used a different road this time. Coming over the hill, I saw the start of it in the distance.
The day was a bit overcast and quite cold with the wisps of cloud hanging about the mountains in a few places.
It was still early so I decided to stop for breakfast first and while I was eating, this little snail cam sailing by. He was all of 1 inch long and did not mind me taking his picture.
Then the sun came out a little and it was off to look for spiders and whatever else I might find.
I could not help but take some pictures of the Bougainville again as it is so pretty.
There were some pretty flowers growing on a vine….they have obviously not heard that it has turned to winter yet.

No comments: