For the identification of insects and other fauna and flora of South Africa.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pretoria - Part 5

No matter how much I have traveled and enjoyed it, when I come back fom the airport and see this sight, I know I am home again. The building on the right is part of our very large university and the other buildings are the centre of town.
These are the administrative building for the University and also house a wonderful hall in which they have symphony concerts.
Another view of it.....
These are some of the 4 campus buildings
On the hill where I was taking these pictures, you can see a large portion of the town and some of the small hills it is bult on. For most of the year it is lush and green with our climate being similar to that of Florida.
In the distance, on another hill is the Union Buildings I feature last week in Part 1 and Part 2.

No comments: