For the identification of insects and other fauna and flora of South Africa.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Outdoors

One of the nice things about living out of town and one a private game reserve is that no two days are the same.

I have a wonderful porch to sit on and most times take my laptop outside to work on my pictures.

Soon the zebra arrive to make a meal of the grass which is turning green after the first rains and the giraffe is never far behind.

I am beginning to think that my lawn must be special as the mother and four baby warthogs seems to love it. Who needs a lawnmower when you don’t have to work at keeping it trimmed and in shape. Nature sure does take care of things for me. J

Towards late afternoon or early evening, the jackals make their appearance and come down to the waterhole for a drink before going on their nightly hunt.
And what would it be like living in the bush without seeing the odd snake or two? I am glad it rather decided to make a meal of an unfortunate lizard instead of me!!

No comments: